Meet the Team
Urs earned his PhD in Electrical Engineering at ETH Zurich before moving to at IBM Research, where he did a postdoc on mixed-signal circuit design. Later, Urs was heading an independent laboratory focusing on CMOS-based bioelectronics and biosensors at RIKEN, Japan. During the past 15 years he has built up considerable experience in project and people management. Urs is the innovator of the “switch-matrix” architecture of our microelectrode arrays.
Jan Müller is MaxWell Biosystems’ CTO and a member of the founding team. Jan is responsible for technology development, innovation and supply chain management. He is the key contributor to MaxWell Biosystems’ hardware and software. Jan is the expert in MEA technology and the inventor of our core 26,000 microelectrode array.
Jan obtained his PhD from ETH Zurich (D-BSSE). He has an interdisciplinary background in computer science, electrical engineering, systems biology and computational neuroscience.
Michele obtained his Master in Molecular and Industrial Biotechnology from University of Bologna and his PhD degree from ETH Zurich.
Marie Obien is Vice President, Marketing and Sales and is a member of the founding team of MaxWell Biosystems. Marie is a specialist in electrophysiology, with strong skills in MEAs and various techniques, including the gold-standard electrophysiology method–patch-clamp. She is the author of the currently most frequently cited review on MEAs. Marie participated in the Global Innovation Program workshop for business development in the Silicon Valley.
Marie earned her PhD in Electrical Engineering from NAIST, Japan, and obtained her training in neuroscience as a postdoctoral researcher at RIKEN, Japan.
- Sander AretsMarketing Specialist
- Nikhil BiyaniSenior Software Engineer
- Leo BrockhuisAssociate Mechanical Engineer
- Franka ButzbachScientific Sales Associate
- Naomi CantosR&D Associate
- Steffen DeublerSenior Software Engineer
- Diana FreireScientific Marketing Specialist
- Ermanno FiscellaLogistics Manager
- Wei GongApplication Scientist
- Rebekka HoschAssociate R&D Engineer
- Elena GronskayaApplication Scientist
- Robert JelittoAssociate Algorithm Engineer
- Désirée GisinExecutive Assistant
- David JäckelSenior Product Manager
- Maria KampardiDigital Marketing Associate
- Kazu OkadaInside Sales Representative
- Daniel PizzatoAMS Designer
- Szilard SajgoR&D Scientist
- Silke SeyockApplication Scientist
- Juanita SchneiterOperator
- Victor SteiningerAssociate Product Manager
- Saki VezzoliInside Sales Associate
- Vijay ViswamSenior Circuit Designer, R&D
- Sophie WolfMarketing and Communications Manager
- Xinyue YuanCircuit Designer / R&D Engineer
- Philipp ZappaDevelopment Engineer & Supply Chain Manager
- Giulio ZorziProduct Manager & Application Engineer
- Wei ZhuChina Business Manager