Study of iPSC-derived Neurons
MaxOne and MaxTwo are best suited for long-term and label-free analysis of induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) -derived neurons.
- Mono-culture and co-culture (e.g., with astrocytes)
- Disease model cells
- Spheroids and Organoids
What You Can Do
Evaluate Cell Function During Development
Track Cell Culture Activity Across Multiple Days and Obtain high-resolution activity maps of iPSC cultures using electrical activity
*Data from iPSC-derived Dopaminergic Neurons
MaxOne and MaxTwo enable recording of neuronal activity and label-free electrical imaging of whole samples. The extracellular action potential (EAP) activity map obtained provides information on:
- Location of spontaneously active cells
- EAP amplitude
- Spike rate
Characterize Network Connectivity and Synchrony
Analyze functional connectivity and synchrony of iPSC-derived neuronal cultures
MaxOne and MaxTwo allow long-term tracking of active neurons. Connectivity and synchrony can be extracted from:
- Network burst features (burst frequency, length, amplitude, etc.)
- Pairwise correlations in neuronal spike trains
- Response to selective electrical stimulation
Investigate Cell Maturity and Excitability
Study propagation of action potentials along axonal arbors of hundreds of iPSC-derived neurons simultaneously
MaxOne and MaxTwo capture the activity of neurons at high signal quality and unprecedented spatio-temporal resolution, allowing the detection of action potentials along axons.
- Observe axonal action potential propagation of single neurons across multiple days.
- Analyze axonal conduction velocity.
- Compare axonal action potential propagation between healthy and disease model cell lines.