We at MaxWell Biosystems are committed to protecting your privacy. We strive to ensure that you get the information, content, and experiences that are most relevant to you. To do this, we collect and process information from you.
What information we collect
MaxWell Biosystems collects the following personal and related data in line the with use purposes explained below:
- Your personal contact data (such as name, title, company/university/institute, role/function, country, telephone number)
- Information about the company/university/institute you work for (such as address, industry and possibly other publically accessibly information)
- Information about any MaxWell Biosystems product(s) that you have shown interest in or that you use
- Information about your research that you provided to us
- Other information that you provide to us (e.g., by email, through the contact form, etc.)
- Details of interactions with you as a customer or potential customer of MaxWell Biosystems
- Purchasing and payment information
Why we collect your information
MaxWell Biosystems uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
To provide commercial and technical support or other services: MaxWell Biosystems may use your personal information to provide you with product information, technical support or other services that you have requested. We may also use your personal information to respond directly to other requests for information, including registration for newsletters or other specific requests, or pass your contact information to the appropriate MaxWell Biosystems sales partner and distributor for further follow-up related to your interests.
To provide information appropriate to your needs: MaxWell Biosystems may use your personal information to provide you with details of new product releases and other new developments through direct emails or newsletters.
To process transactions: MaxWell Biosystems uses personal information such as name, physical address, telephone/fax number, email address, and company/institution to engage in interactions with you, including contacting you about your order, event participation, or subscription status. We use this information to process purchase orders and may need to share some of this information with courier services, and other third parties to complete the transaction.
To select content, improve quality, and facilitate use of our Website: MaxWell Biosystems may use your personal information, including the information gathered as a result of site navigation and electronic protocols and cookies (including third-party cookies), to help create and personalize website content, improve website quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness, evaluate page response rates, conduct usability testing, and facilitate your use of our website.
To communicate with you about a meeting, conference, or event: We may communicate with you about a meeting, conference, or event attended or hosted by MaxWell Biosystems or one of our sales partners. Please note that MaxWell Biosystems, and/or our sales partners, may directly request your personal information at their conference booth or event. Providing your information is optional and, if applicable, you should review the privacy policies of Sales Partners to ensure that you understand how they will treat your personal information.
To get feedback or input from you: In order to continue to deliver industry leading products and services of most interest to our customers, we may ask customers and and website visitors to provide us with input and feedback.
How you can control your information
You can control the information that we have about you and how we use it. You can:
- Use the unsubscribe method provided in various communications (e.g., newsletter). After unsubscribing, no further notifications will be sent thereafter. Profile data will be deleted insofar as they are not needed for other purposes, or required to be kept to fulfill legal requirements.
- Request details of the information that we have about you, and request any changes or removal from active use. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
MaxWell Biosystems automatically records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of visitors. We may also keep track of sites that users visited immediately prior to visiting MaxWell Biosystems’ website and the search terms they used to find it. We also keep track of the pages visited on our website, the amount of time spent on those pages and the types of searches done on them. Your searches remain confidential and anonymous and we use this information only for statistical purposes.
MaxWell Biosystems may also capture and store information that you transmit, which may include:
- Browser/Device type/version
- Operating system used
- Media Access Control (MAC) address
- Date and time of the server request
- Volume of data transferred
MaxWell Biosystems uses both session-based cookies (which last only for the duration of the user’s session) and persistent cookies (which remain on your device and provides information about the session you are in and waits for the next time you use that site again). This enables us to recognize repeat users and to track usage behavior.
Tracking cookies, third-party cookies, and other technologies may be used to enable third-party functions (such as a social media “share” link). We may also include web beacons and other similar technology in promotional email messages to determine whether the messages have been opened.
Your European Union privacy rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679), usually known as GDPR, if you are an individual protected by the GDPR you may have certain rights as a data subject. If you want to request information based on these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “GDPR Request” in the subject line, giving specific information about the nature of your request. We may require additional information from you and we also reserve the right to charge a fee for some requests.
How you can contact us if there is an issue
MaxWell Biosystems AG