Join the MaxWell Biosystems Team
Have you ever wanted to work with cutting-edge technology involving both engineering and biology? Do you enjoy working in an international, multidisciplinary, and interactive team, be it marketing, operations, research, or product development?
Then we might have a position for you. Join us in innovating the future of electrophysiology for drug discovery and basic research.
Please have a look at the job openings listed below or send your inquires directly to email@example.com.
Application Scientist Intern (100%)
The cutting-edge electrophysiology platforms of MaxWell Biosystems enable scientists in pharmaceutical industries, contract research organizations, and academia around the world to characterize the function of neurons and the effect of compounds. Due to its high spatial-temporal resolution, our technology can record data with unique features from in-vitro 2D and 3D neuronal cells, such as organoids, cultures of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC), acute brain slices and more. Our solutions allow us to extract features at network-level, single-cell level, and subcellular level, enabling faster and more accurate phenotyping of cell lines and reliable assessment of drug effects.
We are seeking a highly motivated application scientist to join our scientific team, where you will have the opportunity to work on in-vitro cell and organoid culture experiments, perform electrophysiology recordings and support the analysis of micro-electrode array (MEA) datasets.
- Conduct laboratory experiments using iPSC derived 2D/3D in-vitro cell cultures and organoids to test, optimize, and validate new MEA related technology and assays.
- Preform electrophysiology recordings using MEAs to measure electrical activity.
- Assist with general laboratory tasks such as maintaining laboratory equipment and preparing solutions.
- Prepare, summarize, and present the experimental results and findings from data interpretation.
- Assist in the preparation of scientific reports and presentations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in neuroscience, ophthalmology, electrophysiology, or related
- Strong laboratory skills and experience with in vitro cultures and microscopy (including immunocytochemistry). Organoid experience is a strong plus.
- Laboratory experience with electrophysiology is preferred, with microelectrode arrays a plus.
- Practical working experience in BSL1 laboratory is required. BSL2 laboratory experience is a strong plus.
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive person and is a quick learner.
- Ability to work independently within a dynamic, international team environment.
- Fluency in English is required, other languages are a plus.
Are you motivated, innovative and committed to delivering first-rate performance? Do you enjoy working in an international, multidisciplinary, and interactive team? Then we might have a position for you. Join MaxWell Biosystems in innovating the future of electrophysiology for drug discovery and basic research.
Praveena Manogaran looks forward to receiving your application documents (cover letter, resume, publication list and letter(s) of recommendation if available) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are interested in motivated individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including Biotechnology, Engineering, Computer Science, Sales and Marketing. For topics, contact us directly at email@example.com.