Have you ever wanted to work with cutting-edge technology involving both engineering and biology? Do you enjoy working in an international, multidisciplinary, and interactive team, be it marketing, operations, research, or product development?
Then we might have a position for you. Join us in innovating the future of electrophysiology for drug discovery and basic research.
Please have a look at the job openings listed below or send your inquires directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computational Neuroscientist / Algorithm Engineer (100%)
Our technology, which consists of a custom designed integrated circuit, an FPGA-based data acquisition platform and our software suite MaxLab Live, generates vast amounts of data while electrically imaging neuronal tissue. Such data needs to be processed, analyzed and visualized online during operation. At the same time, our custom- ers in drug discovery and neuroscience want to focus on their pharmaceutical and scientific questions, which requires to abstract and hide most of the technical complexity, while still providing sufficient flexibility to adapt the application to specific needs. We are constantly innovating and improving algorithms to extract novel and more accurate multiparametric electrophysiology metrics, which enable faster and more reliable drug discovery. To strengthen our R&D team and to drive and implement this challenging task, we are now seeking for a highly motivated computational neuroscientist.
- Develop and support our performance critical data acquisition and analysis software platform
- Contribute to our Python toolboxes for data analysis and visualization
- Develop and validate analysis methods to extract multiparametric electrophysiology metrics
- Understand customer needs and continuously improve user experience
- PhD in computational neuroscience or related (awarded after December 31st, 2016)
- Proven strong scientific achievements in the form of first-author peer-reviewed publications in computational neuroscience or related
- Strong experience in Python and competency working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Proficiency in other languages, e.g., R, MATLAB, C++ is a plus
- Knowledge of neuron physiology and electrophysiology
- Proficiency in multiparametric pharmacological assays is a plus
- Experience in microelectrode array (MEA) technology data analysis is a plus
- Skilled in analysis of large-scale dataset
- Enjoy solving complex problems and working in a team
- Excellent English language skills
- The applicant must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity for more than a total of 12 months over the last three years in Switzerland
Are you motivated, innovative and committed to delivering first-rate performance? Have you ever wanted to work with cutting-edge technology involving both engineering and biology? Do you enjoy working in an international, multidisciplinary, and interactive team? Then we might have a position for you. Join MaxWell Biosystems in inno- vating the future of electrophysiology for drug discovery and basic research.
Michele Fiscella looks forward to receiving your application documents (cover letter, resume, letter of recommendation and degrees including transcripts) by email at email@example.com.
We are interested in motivated individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including Biotechnology, Engineering, Computer Science, Sales and Marketing. For topics, contact us directly.