3rd In-Vitro 2D & 3D Neuronal Networks Summit
MxW Summit 2023
15 – 17 May 2023 | Zurich, Switzerland
Following the success of our two previous summits, we are delighted to announce that we will be hosting our 3rd In-Vitro 2D & 3D Neuronal Networks Summit from May 15 – 17 in Zurich, Switzerland!
Find all the details below:
Join us for an inspiring two-and-a-half-day programme, highlighting the latest research works and results on topics related to iPSC-derived neurons, neural organoids, and scientific applications of microelectrode arrays (MEAs).
The event is open to everyone interested in neuroscience, cell biology, drug discovery, disease modeling, and bio/neuroengineering!
Add event to your calendar
More speakers to be announced soon! Keep an eye here for updates:
Laboratory for Synthetic Biology, RIKEN
Prof. Dr. Edward Mann
Mann Group, University of Oxford,
Prof. Dr. Kenta Shimba
Jimbo Lab, University of Tokyo,
Prof. Dr. Mircea Teodorescu
Teodorescu Lab, UC Santa Cruz,
Teodorescu Lab, UC Santa Cruz,
Dr. Rouhollah Habibey
Busskamp Lab, University of Bonn,
Prof. Dr. Tarja Malm
Malm Lab, University of Eastern Finland,
Prof. Dr. Yoshiho Ikeuchi
Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo,
Prof. Dr. Michela Chiappalone
DIBRIS, University of Genova / Rehab Technologies Lab, Institute Italiano Di Tecnologia, Italy
Prof. Dr. Janos Vörös
Laboratory for Biosensors and Bioelectronics, ETH Zurich
Prof. Dr. Andreas Hierlemann
Bio Engineering Laboratory, ETH Zurich
Dr. Michele Bertacchi
Studer Lab, Institut de Biologie Valrose (iBV)
Dr. Melanie Einsiedler
Schaeren-Wiemers Lab, University of Basel,
Prof. Dr. James Ellis
Ellis Lab, The Hospital for Sick Children,
Science Communication Session:
Dr. Giorgia Guglielmi
PhD-trained science writer and communicator whose stories have appeared in Nature, Science, Scientific American, and more
What to expect?
- Scientific Sessions
- Live Demos
- User Exclusive Sessions
- Poster Sessions
- What’s New at MaxWell
- Social Events
Overview of the MxW Summit 2023 Program. A more detailed program will be shared closer to the time.
- 2D Neuronal Networks for Modeling Brain Development and Disease
- 3D Model Systems for Brain Function and Medicine
- Emerging Technologies: Applications of Cultured Neurons in 2D and 3D
- High-Content Electrophysiology and Human iPSC-derived Neurons
Are you a current MxW HD-MEA User? Here is the exclusive content for you:
- Updates on new developments and upcoming products
- Workshop on applied data analysis and spike sorting
- Exclusive breakfast and networking event with other MxW Users and the MxW Team
- Tour of our headquarters on Wednesday afternoon
Or are you curious about the benefits of using HD-MEA’s? This is for you:
- Live demo showcasing high-resolution functional imaging of neural 2D and 3D samples on MaxWell Biosystems’ HD-MEA platform
- Presentation of results from neuronal samples using MxW HD-MEA technology.
- Demonstration of the potential of HD-MEA technology for characterizing the physiological function of neural samples and for testing compounds
We will have poster sessions during our summit where you can present your work. We will also select up to five abstracts to present a short talk as part of our programme. Abstracts can be submitted after you have registered.
- Closing date for short talk consideration: 14 April 2023
- Closing date for poster session only: 30 April 2023
Monday 15 May | No additional cost
Select one of the following during registration:
- Guided Walking Tour of Zurich | See the Old Town, Lake Zurich & more
- Lindt Factory Tour | Learn about and taste the famous Swiss chocolate
- Transport provided
Tuesday 16 May | Additional cost
Payment of 50 CHF can be paid during registration:
- Networking Dinner | Enjoy traditional Swiss cuisine
- Meet the MxW team, MxW Users and network with the speakers
- Transport Provided
Are you looking for somewhere to stay that is conveniently located close to the venue and a short distance to Zurich city centre?
We have reserved double rooms for MxW Attendees at the ibis Zurich City West Hotel. Once you are registered we will provide you with further details. Limited spaces available.
How to Register:
Fill out the registration form below and follow the steps to complete the payment. Your registration will only be complete once the full payment has been made.
The registration fees to attend the two and half day summit in Zurich are detailed below.
- Student: 180 CHF
- Academic: 220 CHF
- Industry: 260 CHF
- Social Activity (Monday Evening): No Additional Cost
- Dinner (Tuesday Evening): 50 CHF
By registering, you agree to us communicating with you regarding this event or upcoming events. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time.
2nd In-Vitro 2D & 3D Neuronal Networks Summit 2022:
Take a look at our 2022 Summit to find out what to expect from our 2023 Summit and much more! Check out our 2022 speakers and catch up on the replays!